BEFORE YOU ADOPT
1. Browse our available animals on Petfinder.
2. Call the shelter to schedule an appointment and receive an Adoption Application.
3. Appointments are scheduled Wednesday-Sunday, from 1:00pm - 3:00pm. You will be able to browse the kennels and meet one on one with the animal in a "meet and greet."
*Everyone that lives in the household MUST meet with the animal prior to adoption.
*If the animal you are interested in is a dog, any dogs you already own/live on your
property MUST "meet and greet" with the dog prior to adoption, to make sure everyone gets
4. Once the application and "meet and greet" are completed and everyone agrees there is a good match , you can adopt!
6. Adoption Fees are as follows:
Dogs/Puppies: $145 for dogs, $200 for puppies under 9 months
We do offer promotional pricing programs:
Senior for Senior: Any dog over 8 years old adopted by anyone 60 years or older is $50
Buddy System: When you adopt more than one pet, there are discounts on the second+ pet
7. If you live within the San Gabriel Valley Humane Society's jurisdiction and adopt a dog older than 3 months, you will be required to license your dog as part of the adoption. You can see licensing fees for San Gabriel and Temple City here.
7. All adoptions include up to date vaccinations as appropriate for the animal, spay/neuter and microchipping with a Home Again Microchip including lifetime registration.*
7. Please understand we reserve the right to deny any application for any reason, and do have adoption restrictions on certain animals.
*Microchip Registration only includes the contact information provided to SGVHS at the time of adoption. Fee does not include changing of information at a later date, which is done through Home Again.