BEFORE YOU ADOPT
1. Browse our available animals on Petfinder.
2. Request an Adoption Application from the Front Office.
3. If your application is approved, you will be able to meet one on one with the animal in a "meet and greet." Our "meet and greet" times are Tuesday-Sunday, by Appointment only from 10:30am-4:00pm.
*Everyone that lives in the household MUST meet with the animal prior to adoption.
*If the animal you are interested in is a dog, any dogs you already own/live on your
property MUST "meet and greet" with the dog prior to adoption, to make sure everyone gets
4. Once the application and "meet and greet" are approved and finished, you can adopt!
6. Adoption Fees are as follows:
Puppies/Dogs: $135 for small dog breeds, $145 for big dog breeds,
$175 for puppies under 9 months
We do offer promotional pricing programs:
Senior for Senior: Any dog over 8 years old adopted by anyone 60 years or older is $39
Buddy System: When you adopt more than one pet, there are discounts on the second+ pet
7. If you live within the San Gabriel Valley Humane Society's jurisdiction and adopt a dog older than 3 months, you will be required to license your dog as part of the adoption. You can see licensing fees for San Gabriel and Temple City here.
7. All adoptions include up to date vaccinations, spay/neuter and microchipping with a Home Again Microchip including lifetime registration.**
7. Please understand we reserve the right to deny any application for any reason, and do have adoption restrictions on certain animals.
*There are currently no approved vaccinations for rabbits in the USA.
**Microchip Registration only includes the contact information provided to SGVHS at the time of adoption. Fee does not include changing of information at a later date, which is done through Home Again.