The San Gabriel Valley Humane Society (SGVHS) was founded by San Gabriel resident Fannie Thompson Kessler in 1924 as the Alhambra-San Gabriel Humane Society, whose efforts were dedicated to the protection of animals. The name was changed to the San Gabriel Valley Humane Society in 1959. SGVHS provides Food, Shelter and Medical Care to thousands of dogs and cats who are stray and homeless, or have been rescued from abusive conditions or relinquished by their owners.
The San Gabriel Valley Humane Society is
committed to provide a compassionate
environment for the well being of the animals
in our care. With the dedication of our staff and
volunteers, we strive to find permanent, loving homes
for all of our creatures.